Advertising is the traditional direct marketing tool, and has the objectives of publicizing a product to stimulate its consumption, transmitting a positive message about a brand, and strengthening a company’s presence in the market.
So, for those who are new to advertising, especially for startups, small or medium-sized companies, it is difficult to understand the excellent value that publicity can have, and make the mistake of overestimating it.
What is advertising?
Advertising is a marketing strategy that involves the purchase of space in the media to publicize a product, service, or brand, to reach the company’s target audience and encourage them to buy.
To Understand better
With the advertising can address several areas of marketing at the same time while promoting products and services, so it is advisable businesses create multi-faceted advertising campaigns to reach different sales and profit goals. Thereby, it is necessary to review different aims and objectives of advertising helps you create better individual ads and more effective campaigns throughout the year.
So here we are going to give you some tips on how to take better advantage of it.
- Attract New Customers
Being one of the goals of advertising is to attract new customers. And to achieve this, you need to inform readers, viewers, and listeners about the benefits of your product or service, the attractive price, and where and how they can buy your product or service.
- Branding and Brand Management
With your brand already created around your unique selling differential, you need to start branding your product by creating a logo, slogan, or mascot. Remember, you should use the same typeface and colors in all your branding efforts.
As advice to your marketing strategy, pursue brand management, which requires you to make sure you do not send mixed messages, as points out the Management Study Guide website.
- Maintain Customer Preference
You must keep in mind the necessities of your clients; in other words, the advertising must help the business maintain its objective. The ads should remind customers of the benefits they want or problems you can solve for them.
- Grow or Maintain Market Share
Another goal of advertising is to help you increase or maintain your market share.
- If you are a new company, you might need to offer lower prices, discounts, or other promotions to enter the marketplace.
- Or else, if you have good sales and a loyal customer base, you still need to advertise so that customers do not forget about your unique selling differential.
- If your customers have not heard from you or seen your ads in a while, a new competitor might catch their eye.
- Position Against Competitors
Another objective of advertising is to show the marketplace that you are superior to your competitors. And you can do this through direct comparisons, or by using general references that remind customers that you offer a feature, benefit, warranty, or another selling point that others in your marketplace do not have.
- Target Specific Customer Types
Your advertising and promotions should use media that focuses on the correct target customer. For example:
- Younger consumers use digital media, so your ads should be mobile-friendly and run on social media channels.
- Older consumers might respond to print and direct mail advertising, TV, radio.